Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A real intellexual!


Last night, I called the psychologist's office to set up my evaluation expecting to speak to a secretary or assistant. So I was surprised when I got the good doctor, himself, on the line. Dr. Roger Goodman, with a smoky, sultry voice assured me I could call him, "Rog." "When can we get you in here?" "Uh, right now please?" "Ha! I like eager customers," he said. "Ah, well. I did have a cancellation for next Wednesday at 9 am. How does that sound?" "That will give me plenty of time to get my legs waxed. I'll take it." "Okay, sounds good. Do you need directions?" "No, I've been getting my legs waxed at the same place since I was 20." "I'll look forward to our meeting." Me too, Rog. Me too! Do you think psychologists can date their patients? Do they have any ethical constraints on the matter? Do you think I'll have to lie on a couch? Will I have to look at ink blots or do free association?

"Mother."
"Leather pants."

"Father."
"Warehouse fire."

"Love."
"Carrom."

"Hate."
"Dolphins."

"Family."
"Prosthesis."

"Friends."
"Cunty and Dum Dum."

"Fear."
"Dolphins."

"Hope."
"No ethical constraints."

"iLimb."
"Senator and Mrs. Mario Lopez."

1 comment:

Mark said...

Ah! Carrom! We had that when I was a kid (my mom still has the board). Normal carrom on one side of the board and a weird "bumper pool" kind of carrom on the other. Maybe I can get them to play when I go back for Christmas (but my dad cheats).